My last bottle of Gordon's London Dry was nearly drained, and I do enjoy a G&T or two during the summer months, so I betook myself - as I frequently do - to De Vine Cellars in Beaufort Street to consider the possibilities.
Final choice was the Botanical Gin by Giniversity. There have been a few distilleries cranking up in Western Australia over recent years; Giniversity is based in Margaret River, traditionally associated with wines. Nothing like swimming against the current to get yourself noticed!I took a sniff as I opened the bottle; the aroma was flowery, quite different from my regular choices which are mostly from the UK. Botanical Gin lives up to its name! Very pleasant on a hot summer afternoon with a dash of lemon. The bottle design is very clever too. Pull out the stopper and treat yourself to the magic of chemistry!

No comments:
Post a Comment